Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: [Announcement] March 7-8: Grand Prix Chicago 2009

Aug 2006
    Hudson Falls, NY

[Announcement] March 7-8: Grand Prix Chicago 2009

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin.../other/112008a

Its about time wizards maybe this time it wont be gp flash.

Get Money, Ghost
    Oct 2005
    Albany

Re: Legacy GP 2009!

Fucking sweet.

I have no idea if it's within driving range, but fuck it, I need to go to this!!
    Team Rehab- We Keep Coming Back For More
    Team Blitzkrieg- Swagga.
    Storm Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSpam View Post
    Legacy is like Japan. We don't make stuff, we just make stuff better.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

I'll see you motherfuckers in Chicago.

edit - Hey! There's a Standard Grand Prix here in Seattle, too! I might just have to try and make that one, too.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Chicago? Nice. I'm in.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

Chicago? :/
    info.ninja

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Chicago : )

I'll try to make it.

Master of Observation

Jan 2008
    Kortrijk, Belgium

Sh*te Chicago, I wanted to judge that one.

Meh, certainly going to Paris and Rotterdam, perhaps even to Madrid, Brighton and Hanover.

I could consider Boston if it was worthwile in terms of sourcer-turnout and I could arrange to sleep somewhere cheap. I'd bring belgian beer and alterations.
    Ironbreakers Legacy Team
    Level 1 DCI Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic FAQ, November 1993
    Q: Is the Goblin King a goblin? Is the Zombie Master a Zombie? Is
    the Lord of Atlantis a Merfolk?
    A: No.
    Mtg is the pinnacle of consistency.

just wants to cuddle
    Jan 2006
    Geneseo NY

Quote Originally Posted by Whit3 Ghost View Post
    Fucking sweet.

I have no idea if it's within driving range, but fuck it, I need to go to this!!
    Don't worry. The Upstate BZK contingent WILL be playing this. Otherwise it's hardly a fair representation of Legacy magic, is it?
    I'm here to kick ass and play card games.

BZK

Please read my signature.

Jul 2004

Oh, Hells yes.

Expect some number of Virginians. Come hell or high water, I definitely expect to make this.

Goddamn you Tarmogoyf/Counterbalance/Flash. Why do I only get one Grand Prix with Solidarity? Fuck you. Especially you Tarmogoyf. You like boys.

Hm, I guess that means more testing.
    For the foreseeable future, expect to see less of me. I've lost my internet connection, and so I'll only be able to get on by siphoning free Wi-Fi from the surrounding areas. Which isn't always consistent.

Plus, the guy that I used to leech off of has now instituted password protection. This means that I effectively do not have internet at home. :(

Dan
    Sep 2008
    NoVA

Quote Originally Posted by Deep6er View Post
    Expect some number of Virginians.
    Count me in that number.

Banned

Feb 2008
    SF CA USA

We got one <hand clap>, but Extended got four again <breaking the beer bottle> and <Sean Hanity tone> possible a six events!

Fair and Balance, they say. I know Flores and BDM are going to say their usual "unfair" BS about the format to discourage people from playing this format. They do it all the time when it comes tp our community, it's written all over their writing without a formal apology to the community.

I have every right and reason to criticize and yell "FOUL PLAY!" to them for discouraging people from playing this format. I should criticize them more for how many GPs they add to the East Coast count while leaving the West Coast with a few to none. But that is a regional issue and should be saved for when I serve it raw on a silver plate.

Wizards has once again turned a blind eye towards us. Although it is not fully like the 2008 season (with no Legacy GPs or Championship Coverage whatsoever), but still they are turning a blind eye by just giving us only one GP Event instead of Four Legacy GP Events.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Huh. MercenaryBDU seems to have made an angry and irrational post condemning Wizards' behavior in some matter, while describing himself as the sole voice in the wilderness defending Legacy against the vast and malicious conspiracy attempting to destroy it.

Well, I never.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Ur tears of nerdrage taste so sweet to me.
    Feb 2008
    Do not care.

Legacy just in the States - that sucks.
    Well, i was about to visit my guestparents in Iowa but that would be in summer.
    Hate.

Fat Kid
    Jun 2006
    Minnesota

I might have to start playing magic again for this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    Also, this thread needs more drunk Peter Rotten.
    Team ICBE - We're so good at playing Threshold, we don't even play it.

Team Keg Stand - If only the kegs weren't empty...

Quote Originally Posted by mercenarybdu View Post
    We got one <hand clap>, but Extended got four again <breaking the beer bottle> and <Sean Hanity tone> possible a six events!

Fair and Balance, they say. I know Flores and BDM are going to say their usual "unfair" BS about the format to discourage people from playing this format. They do it all the time when it comes tp our community, it's written all over their writing without a formal apology to the community.

I have every right and reason to criticize and yell "FOUL PLAY!" to them for discouraging people from playing this format. I should criticize them more for how many GPs they add to the East Coast count while leaving the West Coast with a few to none. But that is a regional issue and should be saved for when I serve it raw on a silver plate.

Wizards has once again turned a blind eye towards us. Although it is not fully like the 2008 season (with no Legacy GPs or Championship Coverage whatsoever), but still they are turning a blind eye by just giving us only one GP Event instead of Four Legacy GP Events.
    You live in San Fransisco, right?

Don't ever come to Eudemonia on a Friday. I might not be able to stop the RAGE.

Also, boo at being in a far-away city when I'm planning on being in grad school. Though, if I get into Madison, it won't be that far...

Oh please, my post wasn't that bad. I was merely stating my opinion that MercBDU makes me sigh in disgust that somebody so stupid lived in my general area. Aggro Zombies clearly shares the love there.
    Art Gallery: www.vegeta2711.deviantart.com

For those saying you should win a tournament before calling people retarded, well, I did win one. And you guys are retarded.
    Kyle Boddy, re: legacy players, Winner of SCG Seattle 5k

1. Who wants to form the European contingent to attend this?

2. Who wants to sponser it? ;)

Seriously though Americans, make this good so we'll get more next year, and maybe one in Europe.

Dutch Legacy Champ '08

Oct 2006
    The Netherlands, Nijmegen

Damn, I really want to go, but I 'm not sure I can since I live in The Netherlands and am still in highschool (means I don't have that much money to just fly over there). I'll try though.
    Edit: Ok, I don't think I can pay ~500 euro for the flight, so I'll need to wait for an European GP.
    Team Nijmegen

Quote Originally Posted by Artowis View Post
    Oh please, my post wasn't that bad. I was merely stating my opinion that MercBDU makes me sigh in disgust that somebody so stupid lived in my general area. Aggro Zombies clearly shares the love there.
    I live across the San Francisco Bay from him. Just out of curiosity, where are you?

EDIT: I should add that Eudemonia is the large card shop/gaming center just off of the University of California, Berkeley campus. It draws a large crowd from all over the Bay Area, so it's conceivable I could have met him before. Mental (the user) also goes there, as did a guy who has since moved to go to school at Haverford (can't remember his user name...Kronicler?).

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

OH MY...a GP Legacy event?! Damn I hope I can make it sounds like fun!
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Thread Information