Page 32 of 129 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Solidarity (Reset High Tide)

May 2005

Re: [DTB] Solidarity (Reset High Tide)

Disrupt is pretty far from weak. Its ability to be used by turn 1 is what makes it so powerful, as well as replacing itself. Disrupt turns Duress, Sinkhole, Hymn into card advantage, and is used during the turns when those spells are going to be played, as well as when they are relevant.

Searching in the thread i did not find any discussion related to Gigadrowse. While i think actually it doesn't improve any of our hard matchups, i also think it deserve to be considered as replicated 2 or 3 times could be just enough to compare it to mana short which is/was often considered by combo deck to go undisrupted. What do you think about it?

Jan 2006
    Chesapeake, VA

Solidarity already plays Turnabout. It plays that role just as well without being dead mid-combo.

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

I suggest running Giga ONLY in the side and ONLY if you have the insane idea to run 4 maindeck Turnabouts...

(Damn.. after saying that i feel... dirty)

Ok, forget it, DON'T run Giga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape, TrialByFire, Silverdragon mix
    We got Goyf Threshold, Deadgoyf Ale, Survival of the Goyfest and Goyfalid Breakfast.
    It probably won't end until we have decks like Goyf Stax, Goyfbelcher, Goyfchantress, Vial Goyflins, Goyfstill, Goyf from the Loam, Faergoyf Stompy, Goyf-Pox, Goyf Confinement, 8-Land Goyfstompy, and the Dave Gearhart classic, Goyfidarity.
    And Ichgoyfrid, Red Deadgoyf, GES, 42landand4goyf.dec, Goyf Game and Ill-Gotten-Goyf-y Pop
    Currently Playing: Nourishing Lich.Deck
    Current Record: 1-83-2

May 2005

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOne
    I suggest running Giga ONLY in the side and ONLY if you have the insane idea to run 4 maindeck Turnabouts...

(Damn.. after saying that i feel... dirty)

Ok, forget it, DON'T run Giga.
    I'm not sure what your justifications for it are then, since no one plays four Turnabout. Gigadrowse could be cool sure, since it can't really be countered, but the Mana Short/Turnabout plan is never really necessary. Counterspells are something that can be played around effectively; if you're spending four mana to try to tap them out you are wasting a lot of resources.
    Last edited by herbig; 05-04-2006 at 03:57 PM.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

I've got to side with herbig on this one. Gigadrowse is just a waste of your resources to tap out their creatures or something for one turn. It's just simple put not worth running in Solid cause it's already beastly....
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Sep 2005
    Cape cod, Massachusetts

Yo!
    On the subject of gigadrowse, I can't see it coming in handy. The only place I could see them used is post board in place of resets but, that defeats the purpose of the deck, and wastes more space than the 2 Brain freezes sideboard plan.

Though one thing that has annoyed me is the disrupts in the board is, they are not that useful. The fact is they may counter the turn 2 hymn, but almost every game i get against black they drop a turn 1 duress, and if they arent stupid they may hold out for an extra mana. Also they are terrible against cabal therapy. Right now, i can not think of any reason to run disrupt over divert (its 1:30 am and my mind isn't working right, i suppose draw could be a problem...) I suppose it doesn't cantrip but it seems like it would be great when staling to set up the combo.
    Thanks for listening! And I'll be trying diverts in my board if i can locate 4 before the tourny on saterday.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Quote Originally Posted by vanele
    Yo!
    On the subject of gigadrowse, I can't see it coming in handy. The only place I could see them used is post board in place of resets but, that defeats the purpose of the deck, and wastes more space than the 2 Brain freezes sideboard plan.

Though one thing that has annoyed me is the disrupts in the board is, they are not that useful. The fact is they may counter the turn 2 hymn, but almost every game i get against black they drop a turn 1 duress, and if they arent stupid they may hold out for an extra mana. Also they are terrible against cabal therapy. Right now, i can not think of any reason to run disrupt over divert (its 1:30 am and my mind isn't working right, i suppose draw could be a problem...) I suppose it doesn't cantrip but it seems like it would be great when staling to set up the combo.
    Thanks for listening! And I'll be trying diverts in my board if i can locate 4 before the tourny on saterday.
    Divert looks good but I'm curious as to how good it really is. This looks like the replacement to Disrupt but the non-cantrip might hurt you. But the fact that you can divert a hymn or Duress with screw with your opponent.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Roodmistah
    But the fact that you can divert a hymn or Duress with screw with your opponent.
    I made this mistake as well. You can't Divert Duress as it says "Target opponent" Gerrard's Verdict, Hymn, Vindicate, Sinkhole, and even Cabal Therapy are all good targets though. It can do funny things in counter wars as well, essentially countering two of your opponents counterspells (Divert a Force to counter a Counterspell)

Quote Originally Posted by vanele
    Yo!

Well, Divert doesn't stop Gilded Light. It also has trouble with stuff like Boil or Duress.
    Hey, if BW wants to give me a free turn before playing Hymn, that's wonderful. You can cycle it, if nothing else.
    The other contender for that slot, in my opinion, is Spell Snare. It's been mentioned before, and while it doesn't stop REB, it does stop Mage, Hymn, Werebear, Counterspell, Sinkhole, Abeyance, Gilded Light and some other goodies.

By the way, Gigadrowse can't replace Reset, that's crazy talk. I can't see it being worthwhile because it still doesn't cut off Force of Will.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Always dazed
    Apr 2006
    Ravenna, Italy

This has been discussed in the Spell Snare thread too. As reference, this is a summary of what was said in comparing the possible counters.
    However I think that Divert shines against Deadguy, and spell snare might be good vs Gro (needs testing).

Against force of will Divert acts as a 2 sink effect, i see it not particularly bad in this scenario. It's also true that you can do silly tricks with divert like respond to force of will trying to combo out, the opponent counters one of your spell, you divert force of will to the other counter.

Against Sinkhole, Hymn:
    Divert shines, Disrupt is great, Spell Snare is good, Force Spike is passable.

Against Counterspells targeting High Tide:
    Spell Snare is good. Disrupt might be awesome. Divert might work, Force Spike probably won't.

Against Meddling Mage:
    Spell Snare is great. Force Spike may or may not work. Divert and Disrupt are useless.

Against Force of Will:
    Disrupt might be awesome, Divert and Force Spike are probably useless, Spell Snare is useless.

Against Duress:
    Disrupt shines. Force spike is good. Spell Snare and Divert are useless.

Against Vindicate:
    Divert is simply great. Disrupt shines. Force spike is good. Spell Snare useless.

Against Ritual -> Specter
    Force spike is great, disrupt shines, spell snare and divert useless.

Against Ritual -> duress, Hymn
    Disrupt shines, force spike ok, spell snare and divert useless (they discard 'em with duress, and then hymn)

Against Cabal therapy:
    Divert and disrupt shines, force spike might be ok, spell snare useless.

Against Pyrostatic Pillar:
    Spell snare shines, force spike might be ok, divert and disrupt useless.

The fact that it doesn't cantrip is the real problem concerning spell snare. I think solidarity can't support it: remand acts like a combo enabler, disrupt cantrips during combo. Divert doesn't cantrip but it enables 2 or 3 for ones, and that is like the card advantage done by cantripping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape, TrialByFire, Silverdragon mix
    We got Goyf Threshold, Deadgoyf Ale, Survival of the Goyfest and Goyfalid Breakfast.
    It probably won't end until we have decks like Goyf Stax, Goyfbelcher, Goyfchantress, Vial Goyflins, Goyfstill, Goyf from the Loam, Faergoyf Stompy, Goyf-Pox, Goyf Confinement, 8-Land Goyfstompy, and the Dave Gearhart classic, Goyfidarity.
    And Ichgoyfrid, Red Deadgoyf, GES, 42landand4goyf.dec, Goyf Game and Ill-Gotten-Goyf-y Pop
    Currently Playing: Nourishing Lich.Deck
    Current Record: 1-83-2

Dec 2004
    California

I was wondering if somebody could post a Sideboard guide for the deck. I've looked over most of the thread and couldn't find anything recent.

I assume Hydroblast comes in for remand against anything red, but what is taken out for Disrupts? Are they boarded in against Threshold? I have heard many people say how much they dislike them in that match.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

Posted by Poron in the Rezzet thread

Quote Originally Posted by Poron
    solidarity sucks.

chalice of the void by 1 and the game is gone. the only thing you have to counter are his bounce to your chalice and you can even kill him by lands
    I'd respond to him over there, but I feel it's more appropriate in this thread. Po-ron, it's not about countering the bounce, it's about killing the Solidarity player before they can go off. If you give Solidarity all the time in the world, it doesn't matter if you have a counter for their bounce spell. Solidarity players play counters as well, y'know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

Combo King Pommes
    Aug 2005
    Germany

Chalice for 1 without a decent clock doesn't do a shit against solidarity... Even if you're not bouncing it, you can still play a whole bunch of 1cc spells followed by a Brain Freeze or two...
    Sometimes you have to read between the minds.

++ T8ing all over Europe since 2005 ++
    ++ Team aYb - all your base (are belong to us) ++

without high tide? ou man i remember you there's another player in the game eh?! he disrupts you, attack you, etc. with a chalice down in how many turn are u supposed to win? 8-9?

Mar 2006
    Columbus, OH

without high tide? ou man i remember you there's another player in the game eh?! he disrupts you, attack you, etc. with a chalice down in how many turn are u supposed to win? 8-9?
    You're probably right. Mods, you can go ahead and close this thread now.

May 2005

without high tide? ou man i remember you, there's another player in the game eh?! he disrupts you, attacks you, etc. with a chalice down in how many turns are u supposed to win? 8-9?
    You'd be surprised how often you will still win once Chalice comes down. If they don't present a threat greater than two power along with it there really is no reason to worry. Also, please read the forum rules regarding grammar and test the deck against opponents.

ehi ehi there's no problem at all :D. if u still can win with chalice ok, you play better then those i played against when sided with chalice.

no problems

Please read the LMF rules about posting. Proper grammar, including spelling and punctuation, is among the requirements.
    - TOOL
    Last edited by T is for TOOL; 05-10-2006 at 10:00 PM.

Gigadrowse was mentioned towards the top of this page, and rejected. I don't think it's being given enough credit. As a Cunning Wish target, it can give you a chance against Threshhold, cutting their counterspell power down to Force of Will*. This does bring the difficulty of going off on your own turn... which is nothing compared to going off against Gro.

*Unless they run Stifle. WHich they don't, unless you lose anyway.

Why not just wish for turnabout?

Please avoid one-line posts.
    - TOOL
    Last edited by T is for TOOL; 05-10-2006 at 10:04 PM.

Thread Information