Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Kadilak's Dual Land Draft III 4/28/07

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

Re: Kadilak's Dual Land Draft III 4/28/07

How did I not notice the Lamb of God in Getsickanddie's sig? /boggle....

Also, Rick needs to be at more of these events, as I hear he is right about the pimpest pimp to ever pimp.... or something. (Still haven't met him lol.)
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Attractive and Successful
    Nov 2006
    Cincinnati, OH

Belcher looks like it would have murdered Survival in the finals.

I've been testing that deck and it is very, very good at making ten Goblin tokens on the first turn, if not outright killing a brutha.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Belcher and Survival spit for time's sake, no one wanted to be there anymore. Plus, Brian is an awesome dude, even if he knew he probabl would have thrashed Survival (no offense to LaCasse, who is excellent at the deck).

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

What was the Black splash for in Geoff's UWb Landstill deck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

Get Money, Ghost
    Oct 2005
    Albany

I definately want to see lists for this.

Congrats to all on the finish.
    Team Rehab- We Keep Coming Back For More
    Team Blitzkrieg- Swagga.
    Storm Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSpam View Post
    Legacy is like Japan. We don't make stuff, we just make stuff better.

Leroy Rochester
    Jun 2004
    Cabrini–Green

Quote Originally Posted by URABAHN View Post
    What was the Black splash for in Geoff's UWb Landstill deck?
    Duress and Extirpate in the board, and for Engineered Explosives in the maindeck.
    My only dream is that yours never come true.
    "People played violin as the Titanic sank. Tomorrow they will play Green Day songs with plastic keytars as their Hoovervilles burn."

Asshole

Jan 2004
    Chickenango

Hi, well this is 3 in a row for me. Kaddy 2, newark, and kaddy 3. It's a nice day, so I'll keep this breif

Round 1
    Turboland by Brian Thomas
    Game 1 I actually get survival out and disprupt his card draw enough to win. Game 2 He never sees a green source to get the fog lock on me.

Round 2
    UBg Control by Tariq White
    we get deck checked, my sleeves were 2 dirty and had to use sideboard sleeves, his deck is regged wrong and gets his a game loss.
    I won the game we played, mainly from discard and wishing for edict.

Round 3
    Landstill by Geoff Smelsky
    Geoff is number one in the cuse and I am two. On the DCI he is my most played against opponent, and we have a topn of unintentional draws. Mainly because our decks are usually so evenly matched. Our game one is epic, I had about 10 cards left in my library when he kills me. It took almost the whole 50 minutes. We don't get very far in game 2, so he won the match.

Round 4
    Aluren by Phil Stolse (sp?)
    Game 1 I deny his card draw with heavy discard and he scoops to impending Tsunami. Game 2 I hit him with some early pressure, I actually wish for the tsunami again. He intuitions for Aluren with nothing to cast with it. I wished for revent silence before he drew another card.

Round 5
    5/3 by Little man
    Game 1 he loses to ancient tomb x4 as his only lands, I block my way to the win. Game 2 Meltdown + Indrik Stomphowler

Round 6
    Alix Hatfield
    We draw after much debate.

Top 8
    Round 7
    Red Thresh by Alix Hatfield
    First I'd like to say that for living so far away, we sure do play a lot against one another. I am like 3-0-2 against him, counting today and an unitentional draw at an amrod event.
    Game 1 he goes land vision go, i go land therapy, he lets it go i guess goose and hit 2... he had daze in hand.
    Game 2 I cast turn 2 cotv he counters, but i had a 2nd one for turn 3, he never recovers

Round 8
    Polar Express By Hollywood
    Game 1 I have the nuts draw against him, I wreck his hand and brinf the ftk beats sans survival.
    Game 2 I wish for edict, but he gets the hasty reanimate spell and wins on turn 4.
    Game 3 I keep like the prefect Survival hand: 2 land, 2 birds, SotF, Rootwalla, whitness. He sees how nuts it's getting and started tacking my Survival pieces out of my yard to slow me down. Fortunatly I drew a Birds to pitch for ftk to get my geninis back in the yard.

Round 9 get talked about above.

I entered the event at 1866, and my only loss came from a 1872 player. Including a win over friendly phill who is 1884. I went 7-1-1 and hopefully got to 1900 for my 2nd round bye at Columbus.

Pops:
    ~HOLLYWOOD!!!
    ~Kaddy and the powers to be
    ~Old school matchups
    ~Magic players that win and loose with dignity and respect

Slops:
    ~TES
    ~legoarmyman being a rules cheezer, poor sport, and generally ruining a friendly atmosphere.
    Survival will be good forever... kinda like a maraschino cherry.

Source Random
    Aug 2006
    Ottawa, Canada

How many people showed up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinious View Post
    This thread disgusts me. Carry on.

Insane Anarchists Get Mean
    Aug 2005
    NY State

I think the number was 55.

Worst character ever
    Sep 2004
    Newton, MA

What the fuck was up with the top 4? Belcher, Reanimator, Survival, and Landstill? What the fuck is this, 2004?

But seriously, a good time by all, and all of you guys are awesome.
    -Slay
    OH SHIT THERES A HORSE IN THE HOSPITAL

Team Slay and Lego: Slay your a tool and your glasses are almost as GAY as your retarded snitch of a boyfriend Lego. Lego focus on your own game you are a fucking clown and should have heard the rediculous amount of people saying how much of a dick you were being and what kind of a fool you are. I laugh at you two. Seriously you both need attitude adjustments. I have never encountered a larger pair of pussy bitches in my whole life.

Apr 2006
    Nashville, TN

This tournament was judged very well and ran very smoothly. I had a lot of fun playing magic all day and meeting people from The Source that came out and supported Kaddy's tournament.

The only unfortunate thing that happened was the match that happened between Adam Phillips and Lego Army Man which was totally unnecessary in a tournament setting like this one.

Outside of that, I think everyone had a lot of fun for the most part and hope to see many of you in Rochester next weekend for the GPT.
    ~Shriek~

somebody tell me what happened.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

The only unfortunate thing that happened was the match that happened between Adam Phillips and Lego Army Man which was totally unnecessary in a tournament setting like this one.
    That would be on account of Adam Phillips for being a total douchebag. I was sitting right behind them and saw the whole thing.

somebody tell me what happened.
    What happened was Adam Phillips cracked a fetchland, and LAM cracked one in response. Then Adam continued to go about with his fetchland while LAM told him to stop because he responded to it, and threatened to call a judge over. He didn't stop, so he called the judge over, and Adam Phillips through a toughguy shitfit and grabbed Lego Army Man's deck and through it, then started cursing at him and whatnot. I dunno what happened after that though, because I was helping him pick up his deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
    That would be on account of Adam Phillips for being a total douchebag. I was sitting right behind them and saw the whole thing.
    Liar. Merwin and I were there, and I so totally got a flooded strand in the glasses.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Apr 2006
    Nashville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by lonelybaritone View Post
    Liar. Merwin and I were there, and I so totally got a flooded strand in the glasses.

It didn't hit your Beta Savannahs did it? That would be a terrible thing.
    ~Shriek~

Nope. I'd've cried, and probably dropped.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

rating is higher than yours
    Sep 2006
    Rachacha, NY

43 lands aka Hot Cocoa is INSANE

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    What the fuck was up with the top 4? Belcher, Reanimator, Survival, and Landstill? What the fuck is this, 2004?

But seriously, a good time by all, and all of you guys are awesome.
    -Slay
    Heh. Lego and I realized that a small reason you Top 8'd was because I scooped to Lego. You're welcome.

Oh, and maybe because you did a good job, but that doesn't matter, does it?

I love props and slops:

-Slops:

Having to take Goblins over Truffle Shuffle
    Going 2-4 with Goblins
    Getting lost on the way back to Albany

-Props:

Beating Nantuko Shady at SSBM for a Bayou. NM Revised Bayou for 5$ is good, right?
    Meeting Mr.Nightmare is person after missing him at the Planar Chaos Pre-Release. Sorry about that!
    Jack Elgin, for making the deck that would have gotten me the Top 8 if I had played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

Feb 2006
    NJ

Beating Nantuko Shady at SSBM for a Bayou. NM Revised Bayou for 5$ is good, right?
    Man when did the SSBM tourny occur Trembly and myself were signed up for the event forever but decided to leave when no one else seemed in the least bit interested. I'm pretty sure that Trembly would have taken the Smash tourny down as he 4-stocked one of the better people at the event. Only seemed like Slay was really at the same level.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Gekoratel View Post
    Man when did the SSBM tourny occur Trembly and myself were signed up for the event forever but decided to leave when no one else seemed in the least bit interested. I'm pretty sure that Trembly would have taken the Smash tourny down as he 4-stocked one of the better people at the event. Only seemed like Slay was really at the same level.
    Nantuko Shady, myself, and 2 other people were playing. We just asked if we could (it was less a "tournament" and more just an FFA) and so we did the round. I won has Kirby with a miracle hammer (he was not even at 100% and I nailed him off the screen. I luvles Kirby.)

Edit: I forgot a prop:

UNICORN HUGS! Everybody loves a unicorn hug! Except for one guy, but meh.

Thus far EPIC and Unicorn have proven to be awesome teams. However, given that I MUST hate at least ONE team, I will now start to irrationally hate Necro. Congrats Necro.

(One day I'll actually say something worthy of the quote thread.)
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

Thread Information