Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: BACK ON! LOCATION CHANGE! - Kadilak's Dual Land Draft II 8/5/06

EPIC Eater
    Feb 2005
    Syracuse, NY

Re: CANCELLED! - Kadilak's Dual Land Draft II 8/5/06

I had planned on going to this event, and I don't care where it is or whatever, I'm still in. If I have to drive to Rochester (hour-something), that's fine. If I have to go to tri-county, that's fine too (10 mins. away). If it's in Rochester I guess I could drive some 'Cuse people. we'll see what happens.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Drathro
    the one employee who runs the weekly tournaments sometimes seems to be a little stressed from dealing with Magic players every week, and who can blame them? Kidding! ... sort of.
    She also doesn't get paid for most of the Magic tournament stuff she does. She stops getting paid at like 8PM, and tournaments often run longer than that.

The reason us Albany players can't make it if it is moved to Rochester is that we go down and back the same day. Were I staying over, I'd have no problem making it to Rochester, but I have to work the next day, so the extra two hours both ways is a deal breaker for me (well, specifically for my ride, and therefor for me.) I'd still go it if was anywhere in Syracuse though!

I still say we should rent out a place in Albany. There are a bunch of places here big enough for the tournament, and I'm sure I could find one if you'd like. I can also supply the laptop with DCI Reporter if anyone needs it. Can't supply the judge though.

Mariah Carey Unicorn
    Feb 2005
    Rochester, NY

It's all about finding a balance. If it were to move to Albany (which I don't even think Kadi was considering), you may lose members of the Rochester group, as well as (I don't know, is it even that much further for the Virginians?) the NoVa crew.
    -Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I'm gonna bang noobslayer's sister. Then I'm gonna do it again.
    How come it needs to be a holiday to bang noobslayer's sister?
    Quote Originally Posted by URABAHN View Post
    So, we should call it Peter, Paul, and Mary? Or we're supposed to go outside and start sucking dick?

Sep 2005
    Buffalo

I for one, really hope that this tournament happens on schedule, and would love for it to be in Rochester.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Alright so like, we need up-to-date information on this. Kadilak start fuckin posting stuff so we know what to do. Same goes for anyone else with relevant input.

Also, if this happens to go down in Rochester, I will be in need of a ride. And if nobody has a ride to offer me, then I might drive myself and will have a little space in the car, but I warn everyone I am a terrible driver and there's a good chance you will be killed.

It's a Trap!
    Jul 2004
    Syracuse

i am working on a place right in Baldwinsville. They are finalizing the transaction. So we should be good to go.

The entry fee will be increased to $25 as the cost of the space has increased greatly. But this also means more prizes so that extra $5 will be well worth it. I will post the new site info as soon as it is finalized.

Thanks Everybody!!!
    Team Sexy

Team E-Z Flo
    Rockin' in the free world.

Guys, seriously, it's in everyone's best interest to just postpone the tourney. If you try to wing it somewhere else on two days notuce, the turn out is going to be horrendous.

Just postpone it for a few weeks and either A) Altered will get it's shit together, or B) you'll find someplace else to hold it, and it will give everyone time to figure out logistics.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadishack
    i am working on a place right in Baldwinsville. They are finalizing the transaction. So we should be good to go.

The entry fee will be increased to $25 as the cost of the space has increased greatly. But this also means more prizes so that extra $5 will be well worth it. I will post the new site info as soon as it is finalized.

Thanks Everybody!!!

All right...so...is it...a go?

EDIT: Also, I feel this tournament should be held on Saturday. It doesn't really make a difference if the location is like 3 miles farther than from where Altered is now. Once Kadilak posts the directions it will be as if none of this ever happened (hopefully).

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Guys, seriously, it's in everyone's best interest to just postpone the tourney. If you try to wing it somewhere else on two days notuce, the turn out is going to be horrendous.
    Is it in the best interest to postpone this tourny for those living outside New York state who had to clear their schedules to make this? Postponing just fucks everyone outside the area schedules up.

Besides, if this tournament does in fact carry on Saturday, I doubt the turnout would be much different, considering the site would be what, 10 minutes away from altered?

We'll still need a computer with DCI Reporter, however. Anyone got one?

Apr 2006
    Nashville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by TeenieBopper

Just postpone it for a few weeks and either A) Altered will get it's shit together, or B) you'll find someplace else to hold it, and it will give everyone time to figure out logistics.

I have to agree with Mike.

I believe Postponing the event would be the best interest of everyone.

This will let people know where and when, then preparations can be made.

If this event will go on this weekend, I will be there.
    ~Shriek~

Admin
    Oct 2003
    Redondo Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by nickrit2000
    I have to agree with Mike.

I believe Postponing the event would be the best interest of everyone.

This will let people know where and when, then preparations can be made.

If this event will go on this weekend, I will be there.
    I disagree. Most have already planned this weekend around attending a MTG event in Syracuse. This includes scheduling time off of work, family, travel plans, lodging, etc. Rescheduling will have to occur way in the future as it would have to re-require these arrangements to happen. As long as it's only 15 mins from the original location, I don't see how this venue move is a big deal as long as it is well communicated and everyone is aware of the change.

Make sure that you post a flyer at How You Play the Game (if permitting) redirecting any folks who may not follow this site daily.

I will definately be there. Still with a TV. And still ready to watch Anwar smash peter_rotten.
    Monday Night Magic: http://rfimd2000.tripod.com/images/mnm/mondaynight.htm

Team
    Left
    Field

Get Money, Ghost
    Oct 2005
    Albany

Quote Originally Posted by Diablos
    Is it in the best interest to postpone this tourny for those living outside New York state who had to clear their schedules to make this? Postponing just fucks everyone outside the area schedules up.

Besides, if this tournament does in fact carry on Saturday, I doubt the turnout would be much different, considering the site would be what, 10 minutes away from altered?

We'll still need a computer with DCI Reporter, however. Anyone got one?
    I agree with Di, a ton of people have gotten off from work for this and the location is very close.
    Team Rehab- We Keep Coming Back For More
    Team Blitzkrieg- Swagga.
    Storm Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSpam View Post
    Legacy is like Japan. We don't make stuff, we just make stuff better.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

NEWS UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Kadilak, he has booked a hotel space for this at the RED MILL INN in Baldwinsville, NY. This tournament IS STILL ON FOR SATURDAY, with the location being changed. Matt said he'd update soon with details on directions, etc. and this means the VA crew will still be able to crash at his place. WE ARE A GO FOR THIS WEEKEND. More info to follow.

Way to go, Legacy community, for keeping this great event on.
    Last edited by Di; 08-03-2006 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare
    NEWS UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Kaddilak, he has booked a hotel space for this at the RED MILL INN in Baldwinsville, NY. This tournament IS STILL ON FOR SATURDAY, with the location being changed. Matt said he'd update soon with details on directions, etc. and this means the VA crew will still be able to crash at his place. WE ARE A GO FOR THIS WEEKEND. More info to follow.

Way to go, Legacy community, for keeping this great even on.
    Signed...sealed...and delivered.

Get Money, Ghost
    Oct 2005
    Albany

Re: BACK ON! LOCATION CHANGE! - Kadilak's Dual Land Draft II 8/5/06

Awesome
    Team Rehab- We Keep Coming Back For More
    Team Blitzkrieg- Swagga.
    Storm Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSpam View Post
    Legacy is like Japan. We don't make stuff, we just make stuff better.

It's a Trap!
    Jul 2004
    Syracuse

Here is the site where you can find directions:

http://www.theredmillinn.com/pages/map.asp

The place is called The Red Mill Inn.

Thanks Everyone!!!! Hope to see ya Saturday!!!
    Team Sexy

Team E-Z Flo

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Also if anyone posted this on other boards, please edit those threads with the information and new directions.

Small Eyed Unicorn
    Mar 2006
    RoChEsTa

Ok so let me get this straight.. Red Mill Inn at what time??? Is it still 10 A.M. doors open and tourny begins at 11..???
    Team Unicorn- "I'm Horny."

"The Wandering One" of Legacy.

"Glimmervoid, Go."

It's a Trap!
    Jul 2004
    Syracuse

Quote Originally Posted by NANTUKO_SHADY
    Ok so let me get this straight.. Red Mill Inn at what time??? Is it still 10 A.M. doors open and tourny begins at 11..???
    Correct. Also, the entry fee was moved up to $25 because the space is more expensive.
    Team Sexy

Team E-Z Flo

Small Eyed Unicorn
    Mar 2006
    RoChEsTa

Is there a generous amount of space for all of us?? Or are we going to be in a giant room with like people coming to eat or chill?
    Team Unicorn- "I'm Horny."

"The Wandering One" of Legacy.

"Glimmervoid, Go."

Thread Information