Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: [Announcement] March 7-8: Grand Prix Chicago 2009

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Re: Legacy GP 2009!

<-- Stoked.

Well, I guess I'm going to Chicago next year.
    Let's start looking for plane tickets.

Imma do this! Be prepared for E!TESBRUW2k8.
    That's 2k9.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Well, for the first time (aside from that Flash debacle) in a long time, a good Legacy tournament near me. Guess I'll be showing up for the first time since hmmm, I guess it was 95 or so since I played in a large tourney bigger than 40 people.

See you there.

Has anyone been to this place where it's going to be held before? I don't know the area so I was wondering what are decent hotels and such. I refuse to stay in some rats nest.

Plane tickets from Rochester look to be $250+. You can also take the train from Roch/Syracuse straight to Chicago for ~$100.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Get Money, Ghost
    Oct 2005
    Albany

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Imma do this! Be prepared for E!TESBRUW2k9.
    Fixed, fool.
    Team Rehab- We Keep Coming Back For More
    Team Blitzkrieg- Swagga.
    Storm Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSpam View Post
    Legacy is like Japan. We don't make stuff, we just make stuff better.

Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

Damn, no one in Europe and the one in the US is too early to save for, now I'm on my own. I'll still try to make it if someone had place to crash, but I guess I'll have to sit this one out.
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

...at that moment I was a marine biologist.
    Nov 2003
    Albany

Norm and I want in on this. Now the only hard part will be to convince P_R to go so we can pick his ass up on the way out there.

Engineered Plague Naming Humans
    Jul 2008
    Ithaca

I might look into taking a train, which seems like the best way for me to go, but I doubt it.

Feb 2006
    Boston

Is the best means of transportation from anywhere (not just Syracuse/upstate) by train?

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

We could all end up on the same train. I would probably pick it up in Rochester. We'd get alot of playtesting in.

The easiest/fastest but most expensive is flying; the train is a decent middle ground, assuming you're on a main amtrak line; driving is a little faster (and probably similar in cost to the train?), but requires more effort.

That should apply to the northeast, anyway.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Monster Xero
    Sep 2006
    Minneapolis

Yay, we finally get another Legacy GP. Only about a 7 hr. drive away for me, which is certainly do-able.
    Team ICBE

Try not to wake up on fire.

Merkwürdigeliebe
    Aug 2006
    Vienna, AT

On a more serious note, when there is a GP is there information like what is the best airport to fly into, if there is a hotel that has an event rate, and basic travel information such as that?

BTW besides smashing face what are we playing for?

Also, since my eternal rating as of today is 1902 do I get byes or Ninja points or something?
    Last edited by jazzykat; 11-20-2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Question about rating.

Banned

Feb 2008
    SF CA USA

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Huh. MercenaryBDU seems to have made an angry and irrational post condemning Wizards' behavior in some matter, while describing himself as the sole voice in the wilderness defending Legacy against the vast and malicious conspiracy attempting to destroy it.

Well, I never.
    In General, I am not. But when it comes to broadcasting for this format and engaging against them, I am only one of a few or at times viewed as a one person crusade against the masses.

I am doing what I am doing just because there was something wrong.

When something is wrong, it's up to you the ordinary person to speak up and do something to make that difference. I did and made it relevant that what Wizards is doing is not fair and balanced.

I even went as far as getting Zac Hill's unedited opinions about the matter in the following Interview I did with him. Take a listen to what he has to say from the questions I have put on the table:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Mslyh90wg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-RRLA6Hy8Q

Jul 2007
    Enfield, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynel View Post
    Is the best means of transportation from anywhere (not just Syracuse/upstate) by train?
    You thinking what I'm thinking? I'm about to go see the prices for a train ticket from New Haven. We can get a room with Tom and the other Mass peoples?

EDIT: New Haven doesn't run to Chicago Didn't really think that one through. I don't really think that I can make this anyways. God Dammit. Let have a GP New York or something
    Still looking for FBB Lightning Bolts. German or Korean is preferred. PM me if you have them

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    Drunk texting is ballin'. Anyone can slur into a phone, but it takes a real man to fumble over tiny buttons to make a semi-coherent message and send it to someone.
    -Slay

Trapped inside my embryonic cell
    Dec 2006
    Stoughton, MA

Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    You thinking what I'm thinking? I'm about to go see the prices for a train ticket from New Haven. We can get a room with Tom and the other Mass peoples?
    Count me in on this. I'm not sure how much train tickets are, but I think this should be within my budget.

EDIT: @Your EDIT: Damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg 'IdrA' Fields
    good sir, you appear to be somewhat lacking in intelligence. please refrain from posting until this is remedied, since it renders your opinions slightly less than correct and has a tendency to irritate more informed forum-goers.

Even getting the full GP schedule this early is a miracle. It's entirely possible the people running it don't even know where it's going to be at this point. Last I heard they don't even know what city GP LA is going to be in, and that's two months before Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzykat View Post
    On a more serious note, when there is a GP is there information like what is the best airport to fly into, if there is a hotel that has an event rate, and basic travel information such as that?

BTW besides smashing face what are we playing for?

Also, since my eternal rating as of today is 1902 do I get byes or Ninja points or something?
    -David DeLaney

Wasted Wizard
    Jul 2007
    Dedham, MA

Amtrak Boston -> Chicago: $83, Nice!

.....................22hours 50 minutes, say whaaaa?

Trapped inside my embryonic cell
    Dec 2006
    Stoughton, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Swing4Five View Post
    Amtrak Boston -> Chicago: $83, Nice!

.....................22hours 50 minutes, say whaaaa?
    The fuck? Is someone pushing the train there?

Well, regardless, that's a pretty good price. If we could get a decently sized group to go, the ride wouldn't be too bad. We'd certainly have plenty of time to do some testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg 'IdrA' Fields
    good sir, you appear to be somewhat lacking in intelligence. please refrain from posting until this is remedied, since it renders your opinions slightly less than correct and has a tendency to irritate more informed forum-goers.

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

Quote Originally Posted by KillemallCFH View Post
    The fuck? Is someone pushing the train there?

Well, regardless, that's a pretty good price. If we could get a decently sized group to go, the ride wouldn't be too bad. We'd certainly have plenty of time to do some testing.
    Yeah I'd be interested in going, and I know at least two more from the cape that will go. We'll have to make this happen.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Feb 2006
    Boston

Oh damn, that would be awesome. A 22 hour playtesting session would be the stone cold nuts.

Thread Information