Thread: Painting white borders

Painting white borders

I don't know if this question belongs here, but anyway...
    Can I play in a sanctionet tournament with a card with its borders painteds??
    (Is a legal white border card, not a gold border card)

Re: Painting white borders

The rule, from section 28 of the UTR:

Cards used in a tournament may not have writing on their faces other than signatures or artistic modifications. Modifications may not obscure the artwork so as to make the card unrecognizable. If modifications to a card are deemed by the Head Judge to constitute outside notes or unsporting conduct, the player using such cards will be subject to the appropriate provisions of the DCI Penalty Guidelines.
    Altering the colors of the borders is clearly and unambiguously legal, although I might recommend erasing over painting.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Re: Painting white borders

Thank you, I thought so, but I wasn't so sure

Thread Information